We all know someone who has that look, that walk, that air about them that says, ‘Yep, I’ve found life’s sweet spot.’ Do you want to find the sweet spot in your working life? Do you want to wake up with a smile on your face every morning? If so read on!
I want you to get super-excited about work and life, and feel more energised and happy. And guess what? When you find your sweet spot, that’s exactly what you’ll be! Here’s a little diagram that will show you exactly where it is.
See that star in the middle – right where what you love and enjoy doing overlaps with what you can get paid for and what the world needs? BINGO. Of course, the location of your sweet spot won’t just fall out of the sky. You have to take a good, hard look at yourself first! Here are some questions to ask yourself.
What you are good at?
- Ask yourself – what comes easily and naturally to you?
- What do you do better or more effectively than other people?
- What do people come to you for? This could be fixing something, getting advice, discussing how to solve a problem, or getting information about a certain area.
If you’re not sure what the answers are, phone a friend! You’d be amazed at what other people see in us that we hadn’t ever thought about.
What do you enjoy doing?
What’s your passion? Yep that old chestnut! Here are some questions to ask that might help uncover your passion.
- What are you doing when you are happiest?
- If you could do anything, what would it be?
What do you do that you can be paid for?
Forget the job title! Think about what you can actually do, your skills, what you know about and what attributes you have that someone would want to pay for?
Lastly, what do you want to contribute for the greater good?
- What is your vision of paradise on earth?
- What is one thing you would love to see more of?
- What is one BIG PROBLEM you would like to solve?
Now, if you can nail the answers to all these questions and include them in your day to day work, you don’t just have a job that pays the bills, you have a mission – something that will have you jumping out of bed every morning, ready to attack the day. Also when you’re going for a promotion or looking for a new job, you’ve pretty much got your pitch ready to rock. Interviews will be a doddle!
If you want more information about finding your sweet spot, get in touch for a FREE 30-minute coaching call. I’m here to help.